Smells like Fall!

Monday, September 6, 2010 |
There's probably not too many people that will be happy with this comment but I'm thinking fall is here! I managed to sneak out of the house this afternoon for a run. We have some farms and orchards close by and the apple trees are bursting and smell soooo good!

I'm thinking a trip to Kelowna Land and Orchard and Davison Orchards are soon to come!

Sarah put together an Etsy treasury with some fall finds here. How cute are those hair clips?! Thank goodness I didn't have a girl or I think it's quite clear I would have a serious hair clip obsession! The deep reds, oranges, browns and greens are stunning and so warm.

So next is a little confession...I have some serious next door neighbour envy. Our neighbour has a new wreath for each and every single season, holiday and event. Can you imagine being that organized!? Our front door is on the blah side to say the least. Last Hallowe'en consisted of a chair and carved pumpkin...sad attempt I know! This year I'm going to make a serious attempt and the research starts now...




Photo courtesy of Pottery Barn

Ok I need to stop...can you tell this is headed straight for disaster when I set my eyes on Good Housekeeping and Pottery Barn for examples! Stick around for my attempt at a welcoming front door fall display (and please wish me luck)!

To everyone who is heading back to school or starting the school routine with your little ones good luck! Mr. James starts next week so we have one week left to prep. Whether it's a first day at pre-school, kindergarten, grade 1 to 12 I'm wishing you a smooth transition!

-Rachelle


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I like the second example from Pottey Barn but then again you do have kids so the first one could be fun!

Holly said...

wish I was there smelling the apples ripe in the bins!!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home