Front Door Decor...In Progress!

Monday, September 13, 2010 |
Our weekend didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. As you may remember from this post I had every intention of turning our front door into a masterpiece just like Good Housekeeping and Pottery Barn. No problem right!?

We got a phone call on Saturday morning from someone who was offering some shrubs for us to plant in our incredibly boring, bare and awful looking side flowerbed. We jumped at the chance to jazz it up and ended up spending most of Saturday transplanting plants...


I'm extremely happy with the side flowerbed but now have to face the reality that our front door still looks like this...



We rarely use our front door (as you can tell this is the excuse I'm using) because we park in the garage and enter the house that way. Needless to say I had no idea how bad it was until I took the picture. So yes...I'm admitting it...our front door has some MAJOR issues. First step is admitting it...and now I'm going to fix it!

I've recently been following a blog called eighteen25. They've been featuring daily guest bloggers with Hallowe'en decor ideas. Today my favorite blog of all time House of Smith's was the guest. What she came up with is absolutely amazing...prepare yourselves...


   

Hallowe'en can be pretty ooey gooey, scary, tacky and nasty in the decorating department but this has to be the most tasteful and elegant decor I've ever seen! Is it just me or is this gorgeous!? For more pictures and how to's you can check out the blog post here.

Well I'm off to prepare myself for the big day tomorrow...Mr. James is heading to Preschool. I have no idea why I'm having such an emotional time with this one. I'm going to try my best (key words try my best) to keep it together. And on this super sappy Mommy note I'm going to end it with one of my favorites:


Congratulations!



Today is your day.


You're off to Great Places!


You're off and away!






You have brains in your head.


You have feet in your shoes


You can steer yourself


any direction you choose.


You're on your own. And you know what you know.


And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.


...


KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!






So...


be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray


or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,


you're off to Great Places!


Today is your day!


Your mountain is waiting.


So...get on your way!

-Oh, the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss





1 comment:

Holly said...

Can't wait to see the results of all your hard work!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home